Learn more about the LEOKA program, including the data collection approach and criteria at fbi.gov/leoka.
LEOKA’s Latest Preliminary Statistics
View the latest preliminary statistics and monthly infographic on the Crime Data Explorer.
For Law Enforcement Only
In addition to the annual Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted report and OSAT, the LEOKA Data Collection has additional resources available for law enforcement via a Special Interest Group that can be accessed through the FBI’s Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP).
These resources include:
- A training calendar
- Three major case studies:
- Killed in the Line of Duty - A study of selected felonious killings of law enforcement officers examining offender motives in an attempt to answer why these attacks occur.
- In the Line of Fire - A study of felonious assaults on law enforcement officers which examines both the offender motives and officer perceptions of the assault to improve officer safety.
- Violent Encounters - A culmination of the two previous studies focused on felonious assaults and killings of law enforcement critically examining officer perceptions, offender motives, and the circumstances that brought them together.
- A series of articles on safety issues (i.e., foot pursuits, arrest situations, preventing assaults, accidental deaths)
- Additional statistics
- A video on speed control in vehicle pursuits
- LEOKA forms
If you work for a law enforcement, criminal justice, or public safety agency, you can obtain a LEEP account. For additional information, e-mail email@example.com or call 1-888-334-4536. More on LEEP.