Learn more about the LEOKA program, including the data collection approach and criteria at fbi.gov/leoka.
For Law Enforcement Only
In addition to the annual Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted report and OSAT, the LEOKA Data Collection has additional resources available for law enforcement via a Special Interest Group that can be accessed through the FBI’s Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP).
These resources include:
- A training calendar
- Three major case studies:
- Killed in the Line of Duty - A study of selected felonious killings of law enforcement officers examining offender motives in an attempt to answer why these attacks occur.
- In the Line of Fire - A study of felonious assaults on law enforcement officers which examines both the offender motives and officer perceptions of the assault to improve officer safety.
- Violent Encounters - A culmination of the two previous studies focused on felonious assaults and killings of law enforcement critically examining officer perceptions, offender motives, and the circumstances that brought them together.
- A series of articles on safety issues (i.e., foot pursuits, arrest situations, preventing assaults, accidental deaths)
- Additional statistics
- A video on speed control in vehicle pursuits
- LEOKA forms
If you work for a law enforcement, criminal justice, or public safety agency, you can obtain a LEEP account. For additional information, e-mail email@example.com or call 1-888-334-4536. More on LEEP.